KezdőlapAngol nyelvűBoy, 11, left with horrific scars after Henna tattoo on holiday in Turkey

Forrás: Daily Mail. Szerző: Stephanie Linning.

A boy could be left scarred for life after a temporary tattoo blistered his skin and sent him into toxic shock.

Alfie Abbott had the Henna tattoo bought for him as a birthday present while on an all-inclusive holiday with his family in Turkey last month.

But once home in Nottingham, the 11-year-old started complaining that the design was really itchy and a painful rash broke out all over his body.

Reaction: Alfie Abbott, 11, suffered an extreme allergic reaction to the temporary ink, which left him with painful blisters on his upper arm (left). He has been left with visible scarring (right) which could be permanent

Reaction: Alfie Abbott, 11, suffered an extreme allergic reaction to the temporary ink, which left him with painful blisters on his upper arm (left). He has been left with visible scarring (right) which could be permanent

His concerned mother took him to the burns unit at the city’s Queen’s Medical Centre hospital, where doctors said the schoolboy had gone into toxic shock.

The £40 tribal design, which was applied at the five-star hotel’s tattoo parlour, has left Alfie with visible scarring on his upper-right arm that could be permanent.

Painful: The 11-year-old had the tribal tattoo bought for him as a birthday present while on an all-inclusive holiday with his family in Turkey. Shortly after returning home, he started saying the design was sore and itchy

Painful: The 11-year-old had the tribal tattoo bought for him as a birthday present while on an all-inclusive holiday with his family in Turkey. Shortly after returning home, he started saying the design was sore and itchy

The schoolboy has been in and out of hospital since getting the tattoo on 12 September to receive treatment for the scar, which his mother said ‘won’t stop weeping’.

His mother Louise today criticised the Eftalia Splash Resort in Konakli, where she was staying with Alfie and daughters Kacey and Elle, saying ‘He has been in agony’.

She told the Sun: ‘Doctors said he went into toxic shock and his arm won’t stop weeping and the burns have left the tattoo blistered into his arm.

Scarred: The schoolboy has been in and out of hospital since getting the tattoo on 12 September receiving treatment for the scar, which his mother said 'won't stop weeping'. Pictured: The scar slowly healing

Scarred: The schoolboy has been in and out of hospital since getting the tattoo on 12 September receiving treatment for the scar, which his mother said ‘won’t stop weeping’. Pictured: The scar slowly healing

Slammed: His mother Louise today criticised the resort in Konakli, saying 'He has been in agony'

Slammed: His mother Louise today criticised the resort in Konakli, saying ‘He has been in agony’

‘It’s disgusting, you’d think they would do checks on what goes on in hotels they are sending people to.

She added: ‘He now faces years of trips to hospital to try to do something about the scarring that covers his arm.’

Earlier this year, two schoolboy brothers were left scarred for life after dodgy Henna left permanent scars on their backs.

Liam, 16, and Owen Groves, 14, pestered their mother to allow them to have henna body art while on an all-inclusive holiday in Egypt.

But instead of natural henna the tattoo artist, who worked in the resort where they were staying, used super-strength black henna.

The brothers now can’t take their tops off in the sun as doctors warned to avoid direct sunlight on the area.

Thomas Cook admit they do not recommend their customers have henna tattoos at their hotels.

A spokesman said: ‘We know how important a holiday is to our customers, and are most concerned to learn of the negative reaction to a henna tattoo sustained by Master Abbot after his holiday in Turkey earlier this month.

‘We wish Master Abbot a full recovery following his experience, and invite his parents to contact us in haste so that we can address their complaint directly and personally.’


Hozzászólások

Boy, 11, left with horrific scars after Henna tattoo on holiday in Turkey — Nincs hozzászólás

Minden vélemény számít!

Az email címet nem tesszük közzé. A kötelező mezőket * karakterrel jelöljük.

A következő HTML tag-ek és tulajdonságok használata engedélyezett: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>